Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mike is 40!!!

I can't believe it!!! My husband is 40!!!! Hopefully he feels that he had a good birthday. As I mentioned earlier in the week I surprised him with a visit from his Mom. He has really enjoyed having her here...(Michael and I have too of course). Saturday we ended up going to the beach...there were 6 of us. We had lunch that was just OK at a little BBQ place in New Smyrna Beach....last time we had it we really liked it. Unfortunately it wasn't as good the 2ND time. After that we went on the beach and Michael played in the sand. It was quite cool out there...we all had jackets on....except for Mike. We headed home after being on the beach and going into a few stores. When we got home Mike opened presents and then we relaxed before turning in for the night. The most unfortunate part of the day was that I ended up being sick. I didn't feel good shortly after having breakfast. Then I was OK. A little while after I got into the back of the van I started feeling queasy again. By the time we got to the restaurant, I was vomiting. I felt a little better after that. Once again though I started to feel yucky in the van and vomited after getting home.(It is about a 2 hour drive). I went to bed before everyone with the chills and a sick stomach. Luckily I feel pretty good today...not 100%, but probably about 80%. Today we are just going to hang out and Mike is making BBQ ribs and TAMALES. His Mom goes home tomorrow, so we want to have a nice day with her.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Mike!!! And it's so sweet of you to make TAMALES in preparation for my visit to Florida next week ;-) Love you guys, glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete